Homesong Market Launching 11 – 21 – 2019 at 12 pm CST
It’s always been a dream of mine to own a little shop. Nothing big or fancy, more so sweetly charming and humble with floors that creak and walls that tell a story. A shop where when you come in, we hand you a warm cup of herbal tea or coffee and offer to hang your heavy coat while you look around. It’d have big French market baskets to shop with in lieu of carts or carriers, and smell like pine in the winter and flowers in the spring.
Think Kathleen Kelly’s bookstore, but instead of treasures with pages, soulful home essentials that bring a bit of beauty, simplicity, and utility to your sacred space where you nurture those you love. This shop would offer beloved secondhand gems that have been collected with care, along with ethically made new pieces, which when woven together to sing a song of home that comforts and inspires through the seasons. It would be a shop for the nostalgic homebody and the sustainable homemaker—a place to go when you need a new block of olive oil soap with a wooden brush to use with it, antique crocks with stamps and stripes, or a woven basket to haul laundry. Actually, it would have heaps of baskets and your basket-living heart would just do cartwheels.
Today I finally, finally, my-heart-skipping-a-beat-finally, get share with you that tomorrow is the day this little shop of mine opens to the public. While it is not (yet!) a local brick and mortar, it has been crafted like I would any home just online, and it is ready to share with the world. It’s like I’ve been making two babies, and tomorrow is one of the births! Homesong Market is her name, and if any of this sounds like the hug you needed, I hope you pop by and say hello or see what we’ve got this autumn for you!
Here’s a peek at some of the goods we’ll have to offer when we launch, and I will be including the shop link here tomorrow! xx
Field Notes |
- We will be taking new vendors asap so if you have something you’d like us to know about that you make or sell, especially if you are local to the Midwest, send an email and let’s chat over at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All secondhand will be sold first come first serve, and will be final sale. We will update this collection regularly, and it will change slightly depending on the season.
- Don’t worry if inventory is low. We will be regularly placing new and larger orders depending on what essentials we feel fit best with the shop’s ethos. There’s much, much more to come, my friends.
- You can follow along over at @homesong_market (the shop’s instagram) for regular shop updates. xx
- And for all customer service questions, you can email us at: email@example.com
As always, thank you for your continued support both here and elsewhere I’ve made little homes online. It’s truly incredible and meaningful to me, and I just want to say thanks. It means more than words can convey. xx