Poll: who else threw down wild flower seeds and planted an abundance of greens and more root veggies this weekend!? WE DID! Midwesterners, what is this weather we are experiencing? A part of me loves that we’ve been able to spend so much time outside & another part of me is concerned. February is usually our oldest month, and I cannot remember a February without needing wool scarves and hats. I was chatting with a lady at the market on Saturday and she said that it hasn’t been this warm in February here in Kansas City since the 1800’s. That’s somethin’ alright. So here’s a playlist to welcome spring a little early. For those of you who are in the same boat and are basking in higher temps right now instead of blankets of snow, listen while you walk outside or do dishes with the windows open. And if you’re somewhere where King Winter is still awake and kicking, I threw in some special songs for you, too.
The music I’ve compiled is on the instrumental side, which you know I love, with some beautiful folksy songs peppered here and there. I hope this playlist invites you to walk a slower pace outside of your otherwise bustling days full of distraction and to-do’s. Enjoy it and have fun discovering some new artists. There are quite a few on there.
And if you are a regular here, you may have noticed I have made some changes. How you do like them? I added more series and simplified the existing ones with hopes of make navigating easier for you here. Here’s a breakdown and description of all the series currently on Homesong:
- Clean & Tidy: Simple lessons on keeping the home clean and tidy, useful advice on organizing ones essentials from room to room, and variety of natural and earth-friendly cleaning solutions.
- Chop & Stir: Where seasonal meal plans & simple home-cooked suppers tell a savory story of family and togetherness.
- Craft & Create: A mélange of handcrafted home goods and creative activities for little ones that spark joy and grow big imaginations.
- Grow & Gather: Musings on the process of sowing seeds and seasonal harvest, along with goods grown, gathered, and preserved from the garden.
- Hand & Made: Featuring beautiful, timeless, everyday products for the home that have been hand crafted with care by thoughtful makers.
- Natural & Whole: Healthy living regimens using green products, sustainable materials, and essential oils with intention to reclaim one’s wellness through natural routines and rhythms.
- Nest & Nurture: Honoring the sacred art of homemaking with an up close look at the nooks, crannies, and rooms within the four walls we call home.
- Read & Listen: Celebrating beautiful music, inspiring books, thoughtful poetry, and other reflective art that invites us to pause and embrace a slower pace.
- Rooted & Raw: The ebb and flow of my journey through motherhood woven into stories of our everyday that knit together our family of five.
- Show & Tell: Amusing tidbits I’ve been ruminating on, rounded up to share with you!
- Slow & Seasonal: A peek into our days at home, connected to the beautiful and ever-changing seasons of the Midwest.
- Soul & Spirit: Reflections on big things – the meaning of life, the soul the stirs within us, and the beautiful complexities that draw us nearer to God.
Other new tidbits:
- I am starting a book club! Next month will be the debut of the Homesong Bookclub where we will spend one month reading a book, diving into it’s queries and themes, and thoughtfully discussing them as a community in this space. Would you join? Is one month doable for a book? More to come…I am VERY excited about this!
- Homesong is now mobile friendly. Woo, woo!
- Hand & Made is a new series that will feature artisans and their handmade products coming here soon. Think quality over quantity and timeless over disposable. I am so eager to share all the artisans we have on board for this coming soon!
- I’ve been getting a lot of questions about the basics of essential oils. If you are from that curious camp, you can learn more here and here.
- Lastly, I will be making printable and PDFs regularly for you to use in your home, something to look forward to this spring.
I hope you have a beautiful new start to you week and enjoy all the changes I have going on here. Let me know if something is hard to find or confusing. And happy listening! x Amanda