It’s been awhile since I’ve talked about essential oils on the old blog but that’s going to change, m’dears! Sidenote: I do not like the word blog very much and I wish it was called something else. I don’t have any ideas, just throwing that out there. Back to business, I’ve been getting so many requests to share more about these little brown bottles with you, and I am happy to do so. I’ve been working on several posts over the course of this year to show you how to simply and effortlessly incorporate oils, along with many other natural plant-based products, into your daily routines so you too can benefit from their restoring, supporting and nourishing properties.
Our family uses essential oils for so many things but one common thread I’ve noticed is how much this changes seasonally. The oils we pull out in the summer months are vastly different from those we lean on in the winter. This makes sense of course, because as nature ebbs and flows, so does our immune system and the way our bodies respond to these drastic seasonal shifts. There are oils that are wonderful year-round, but there are also quite a few that lend themselves to certain times of the year. Not only am I going to be sharing more natural plant-based remedies and recipes with you in this blog, but I am going to detail how an essential oil rhythm can help you depending on the season you are in. Let’s jump into this current season: spring!
Spring Essential Oil Pantry: Oils you’ll want to have on hand. The * oils are most important.
- Tea Tree
- *Purification Blend
- *Thieves Blend
- Balsam Fir
- *Roman Chamomile
Tool Pantry: Buy in bulk so you can cave money and make things year round!
- 2 oz. glass amber bottles
- roller bottles
- distilled water
- epsom salt
- distilled white vinegar
- hydrogen peroxide
- washing soda
- baking soda
- witch hazel
- essential oil diffuser
- carrier oils: sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin E oils are my current favorites
Restore: Use essential oils to help clean and refresh your home.
Support: Use essential oils to help balance, protect, and heal your body and your home.
Nourish: Use essential oils to love on your body and your home.
- Deep Citrus Tub Scrub: 10 drops Lemon + 10 drops Tea Tree + 1 cup baking soda | mix and scrub if there is a lot of build up
- Lemony Bleach Alternative: 2/3 cup washing soda + 10 drops Lemon + 2 cups hydrogen peroxide + 4 cups hot water | mix in order and soak whites before washing
- Refreshing Room & Linen Spray: 10 drops Peppermint + 10 drops Lemongrass + 10 drops Lemon + distilled water in 2 oz. amber bottle | shake and spray in smelly rooms and closets
- Clean Air Diffuser: 5-10 drops Purification | add to diffuser and purify the air
- Carpet and Rug Deodorizer: 10 drops Purification + 1 cup baking soda | mix and sprinkle then vacuum up in an hour
- Wood Floor Shine Boost: 5 drops Orange + 5 drops Pine | drop on bottom of cloth pad before steaming or mopping the floors
- Bug-Be-Gone Spritz: 10 drops Peppermint + 10 drops Tea Tree + distilled water in 2 oz. amber bottle | shake and spritz in places where bugs tend to hang out, like window sills and doorways
- Toilet Bowl Fizzer: 1/2 cup baking soda + 5 drops Thieves oil + 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar | put in toilet bowl in order and let soak before scrubbing
- Fresh Laundry Cleaner: View Recipe Here
- For more natural cleaning recipes and solutions GO HERE
- Immune System Support: 10 drops Thieves + 10 drops Purification + 10 drops Rosemary + carrier oil if making roller bottle OR distilled water if making spray | for diffuser recipe add 3 drops of each oil to your diffuser nearby if you are feeling yucky
- Seasonal Shift Support: 10 drops Lemon + 10 drops Lavender + 10 drops Peppermint + carrier oil if making roller bottle OR distilled water if making spray | for diffuser recipe add 3 drops of each oil to your diffuser if you have itchy eyes, nose, face, throat or any of that business
- Gardening Stiff Neck Support: 5 drops Peppermint + 5 drops Cobaiba + 5 drops Wintergreen + 5 drops Balsam Fir + carrier oil in roller bottle and apply to your neck, back, and joints
- Respiratory Support: 10 drops Eucalyptus + 10 drops Lavender + 10 drops Lemongrass + carrier oil if making roller bottle OR distilled water if making spray | for diffuser recipe add 3 drops of each oil to your diffuser as you rest or read, making sure to inhale the oils
- Deep Sleep Support: 10 drops Lavender + 10 drops Cedarwood + 10 drops Chamomile + carrier oil if making roller bottle OR distilled water if making spray | for diffuser recipe add 3 drops of each oil to your diffuser by your bedside so you sleep well
- Floral Burst Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Geranium + 3 drops Lavender + 3 drops Ylang Ylang | add to diffuser so your home smells like fresh flowers
- Woodsy Rain Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Balsam Fir + 3 drops Vetiver + 3 drops Pine | add to diffuser so your home smells warm and woodsy
- Nourishing Face Serum: View Recipe Here | it is my everyday face and neck lotion and it’s amazing
- Flower Garden Bath Soak: 2 drops Geranium + 2 drops Lavender + 2 drops Ylang Ylang + 1 cup epsom salt |mix and toss into warm bath water before taking a soak
- Hydrating Rose Facial Toner: fill 2 oz. glass amber bottle 1/2 way with witch hazel + 15 drops Rose + 5 drops Lavender + 5 drops Frankincense + rest with distilled water | shake and spritz on face after shower before putting on your face serum
- Bare Legs Butter | 1 cup whipped coconut oil + 1/2 cup shea butter + 10 drops Lavender + 10 drops Frankincense | mix well and moisturize your legs before your throw on shorts or a skirt
- Homemade Deodorant: View Recipe Here | keep in pursue and diaper bag for on the go situations!
For further reading…
- Learn more about essential oils wellness
- Learn more about how to get essential oils for you and your home
- Discover more Homesong homemade products and remedies
What are your favorite ways to use essential oils in the springtime? And most importantly, what questions do you have for me!